How was Harapan Bangsa Integrated School Founded?
- Harapan Bangsa Primary School was founded in 2008 to continue the Happy Holy Kids Kindergarten program. Both schools are afiliated under Tunas Cahaya Bangsa Foundation and was founded by 4 board leaders, Mr. Ronny Runtukahu, Mr. Doni Prasetyo, Mr. Daniel Henson, and the late Mrs. Lenny Priskila Tan who was the first principal of both schools. Their vision was to create future leaders through Christian education and shaping them to be intellectual, maximum, and have Godly character.
With a motto of “Making Life Better”, the school’s founders believe that a better future generation needs to have a Godly character. They need to know their true life purpose as early as possible, and they need to grow and nurtured in their fullest potential. On its first year, Harapan Bangsa Primary School started its journey with a class of 20 students and 5 teachers, took place in the original school building in Jln. R.E Martadinata, Balikpapan. The following year, God blesses the school with a new school building located in Jln. Indrakilla, northern Balikpapan which is the current location of our campus. The current school building was used for the first time in the beginning of academic year 2010 / 2011. Thankfully, the society of Balikpapan quickly learned about the school’s quality and how it was more advance than other conventional schools. The school started to grow exponentially and started to admit almost a hundred of new students each year. In February 2014, the school entered a rough patch as Mrs. Lenny Priskila Tan passed away, but with God’s guidance, the school continued to develop with a set of new school leaders who were mentored by her. On the same year, Harapan Bangsa Junior High School was officially established, followed by the Senior High School in 2017. The name Harapan Bangsa Integrated Christian School is a sequence of school from Primary up to Senior High School Level. Currently, HHK and HBICS has 600 students and employs more than 100 faculty members and staffs. In the future, the school will continue its journey to become the best Christian school in Balikpapan which will create high quality christian learners and future leaders.
Where is the School located?
- This school is located in Jl. Indrakilla No. 99G, Balikpapan 76125 East Borneo, Indonesia
Does the school provide transportation for students?
- Yes. We provide transportation for all student as an option. Parents nay contact the Education Consultant office to apply for the school transportation services.
If my family does not live in Balikpapan, can I enroll my child to HBICS?
- Yes, we would happily recommend some places where they could live. For instance, a boarding house or a guest house that near to our school and other facilities to support their living.
What are the School Hours?
- It depends on the grade that the student is in. Generally, the school starts from 08.00 a.m.
until 03.30 p.m. Check about School Hours here!
Can I pay in installments?
- Yes. Installments could be done at least 18 months or 6 months before new school academic year starts
What is the current schedule for the school tuition?
- Our school tuition is updated every October.
Curriculum and Learning
What is the language of instruction used in the School ?
- In Preschool, kindergarten and primary, instruction are given bilingually in Bahasa and English, while Secondary School and High School use English only.
What is the curriculum applied?
- Playgroup and Kindergarten use National Curriculum
- Primary School uses National Curriculum, Cambridge, and My Pals.
- Secondary School uses National and Cambridge Curriculum .
- High School uses Hybrid curriculum, which is a combination between Cambridge and National Curriculum
Where can I find out more about the Cambridge , IGCSE ?
- For further information about Cambridge and IGCSE, log on to www.cie.org.uk
Which Subjects are taught in Indonesian?
- Bahasa Indonesia, PKN and religious studies classes. All other subjects are taught fully in English.
Do Students have textbooks?
- Yes! For each grade and for all core subjects (and most non-core subjects), students have textbooks as well as workbooks that’s is adopted by school.
Does the school conduct national examinations?
- Yes, Based on the nationa rules as stated in Permendikbud Nomor 4 Tahun 2018 about “ Penilaian Hasil Belajar Oleh Satuan Pendidikan dan Penilaian Hasil Belajar Oleh Pemerintah.”
What is the average of class’ capacity?
- In Preschool and Kindergarten the maximum number is 15 students.
- In Primary School the maximum number is 25 students.
- In Junior High School and Senior High School the maximum number is 30 students .
What are the school hours like for students?
- please check our school hours here > click me.
What is the age policy for students to be admitted in their grade’s placement?
- Playgroup A students must be 2 years of age by June 30 th in the year of entry.
- Playgroup B students must be 3 years of age by June 30 th in the year of entry.
- Kindergarten A students must be 4 years of age by June 30 th in the year of entry.
- Kindergarten B students must be 5 years of age by June 30 th in the year of entry.
- Grade 1 students must be 6 years of age by October 31 st in the year of entry.
- Junior High School students must be 10 years by June 30 th in the year of entry.
- Junior High School students must be 14 years by June 30 th in the year of entry.
What are the qualifications and experience of teachers?
- Our school has the best and qualified teachers from all accredited university in Indonesia.
Do you have an expatriate teacher?
- Yes. We have a professional expatriate teacher.
Parent's Support Group
What is the Parents Support Group (PSG)?
- PSG is a committee of parents who regularly meet principal. They organise activities that engage, inform parents on topical issues, and raise support for the school.
How active is the PSG?
- PSG has monthly activity and always get involved in the school’s event.
Does the school have an excellent security system?
- Yes. Beside having 24 hour CCTV installed in every corner of our school and having an identity card for our picking up system, we also provide well-trained and qualified security.